Learn why many are looking to further their education via an online degree program and the advantages associated with earning an online degree.
The current state of the economy has many people, the young and old alike, returning to school to better their education to add further qualifications to their resumes. Being a free essay writer, I know that jobs are hard to come by these days and the market is quite competitive, so it is almost a necessity to receive further education.
Students wishing to have flexibility should consider an Online Degree Program
Traditionally, students would have had to, potentially, jeopardize their work schedules to accommodate their classes each semester. Some employers do not offer the flexibility that traditional college students require to adjust their work schedules each school semester. This places students’ jobs on the line.
Today, more than ever, students cannot afford to lose their jobs in this economy; however, students should not have to sacrifice furthering their education to pursue secular advancement.
Those thinking about returning to school and concerned about having to reduce hours at work, or possibly losing their job to go to school, no longer need to worry.
Thanks to the Internet, students may earn a degree online through reputable online degree programs. They can earn a degree on their schedule, 24/7.
Earning an Online Degree saves the Student both time and money
In addition to flexibility, online students will save an incredible amount of time and money on:
Those working towards an online degree program will no longer incur transportation-related costs, such as gas and vehicle maintenance due to wear and tear. In addition, students will save time typically lost from commuting to and from classes.
Daycare might be required for some students with small children if they attend traditional classes; however, online students need not worry about having to do so.
Not only will parents save money from daycare, but they will also be able to spend more time with their children due to taking online classes on their terms, which is worth far more than monetary savings.
Online Degree Programs and Certificates
An advantage open to online students is that many online degree programs offer online classes, interactive classrooms, online support and resources, and access to library services at the touch of a button.
There is a plethora of degree programs and certificates open to students. The list is almost limitless. The following are only some of the programs offered to online students by three well-known online educational programs, DeVry University, University of Phoenix, and Kaplan University: (1, 2, 3)
- Corrections Certificate
- Private Security Certificate
- Medical Coding Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate
- Medical Transcription Certificate
- Crime Scene Technician Certificate
- Internet and Website Development Certificate
- Introduction to Computer Programming Language Certificate
- Associate of Arts in Accounting
- Associate of Arts in General Studies
- Associate of Arts in Communications
- Associate of Arts in Health Care Administration
- Associate of Applied Science in Human Services
- Associates of Arts in Human Services Management
- Associate of Arts in Hospitality, Travel, and Tourism
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Transcription
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Science in Environment Science
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Technical Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Fire and Emergency Management
- Bachelor of Science in Education/Elementary Teacher Education
- Master of Information Systems
- Master of Science in Education
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Higher Education
- Master of Science/Administration of Justice and Security
- Master of Arts in Education/Elementary Teacher Education
- Doctor of Health Administration
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership
- Doctor of Philosophy in Higher Education Administration
- Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership/Information Systems and Technology
The author does not endorse any online education program or school. The programs listed are examples of programs offered. Programs vary from school to school. Students should research and use discretion when choosing and applying to schools and in choosing their program of study.
About the author: Jared Watney is a professional writer on king essays. Besides, he is a passionate stories writer. In this case, he dreams of self-publishing his book. Moreover, Jared started drawing images for it by himself.