PLC Program to Separate Different Size Objects
This is PLC Program to Separate Different Size Objects.
Two different sized objects are being moved on the conveyor. Two different sized objects should not be packed in same box. They need to be separated. Implement automation for this process in PLC using ladder language.
- Here as shown in figure, different size objects are moving on the conveyor. we need small size objects to be on main conveyor and whenever big size objects came then those to be send to adjacent conveyor.
- Big size objects is to be diverted from straight conveyor to adjacent conveyor which is connected with main conveyor.
- Here proximity switch is used to detect big size objects and solenoid operated gate is used to divert the big size objects after detection.
- Conveyor is running on fixed speed so timer is used to operate gate after big size object is detected.
Also Read : PLC Program for Sequential Motor Control
List of Inputs /Outputs
- START PB :- I0.0
- STOP PB :- I0.1
- Big Size Object detector :- I0.2
- Master coil :- Q0.0
- Solenoid operated gate :- Q0.1
PLC Ladder Diagram for Separate Different Size Objects
For this application we used S7-300 PLC and TIA portal software for programming.
Network 1 :-
When we press START (I0.0) push button then master coil (Q0.0) will be ON. It can also be stopped by pressing the STOP (I0.1) push button.
Network 2 :-
Network 3 :-
Here we assume that big size object takes 10 seconds to transfer from main conveyor to adjacent conveyor. Hence after 10 seconds gate will be de-energized.
Note :- Above application may be different from actual application. This example is only for explanation purpose only. We can implement this logic in other PLC also. This is the simple concept of separating objects, we can use this concept in other examples also.
All parameters considered in example are for explanation purpose only, parameters may be different in actual applications. Also all interlocks are not considered in the application.