Automatic Coffee Vending Machine
This is PLC Program for automatic coffee maker machine.
Design PLC program for automatic coffee machine to get a cup of coffee by inserting a coin in the machine. Implement the PLC program for this machine by using ladder diagram language.
- For this application we will use S7-300 PLC and TIA portal software for programming.
- In this example, we used valves for coffee and hot water control.
- Agitator is used for mixing purpose in the container.
- Here coffee outlet will start when coin will be inserted. so we used coin detector for detection.
- When coin is inserted, coffee output and cup outlet will start and turn off after some time duration.
- After that hot water outlet will start and hot water will be poured in the container and after mixing ready-made coffee will be poured into the empty cup.
Also Read : PLC Maintenance Checklist
List of Inputs/Outputs
- START PB :- I0.0
- STOP PB :- I0.1
- Coin detector :- I0.2
- Pressure detector :- I0.3
- Paper cup outlet :- Q0.1
- Coffee outlet :- Q0.2
- Hot water outlet :- Q0.3
- Agitator :- Q0.4
- Ready-made coffee outlet :- Q0.5
- Positive edge 1 :- M0.0
PLC Logic Automatic Coffee Vending Machine
For this application we used S7-300 PLC and TIA portal software for programming.
Network 1 :-
If system on/off switch (I0.0) is ON, system ON (Q0.0) lamp will be ON.
Network 2 :-
System is ON and when coin is detected, paper cup outlet (Q0.1) and coffee outlet (Q0.2) will be ON.
Network 3 :-
When both the outputs (paper cup outlet and coffee outlet) are ON, hot water outlet timer will be ON and timer will start.
Network 4 :-
Hot water outlet (Q0.3) will start after given time and both the outputs (paper cup outlet and coffee outlet) will be OFF.
Network 5 :-
If pressure (I0.3) detected, agitator (Q0.5) and ready-made coffee ON delay timer will start.
Network 6 :-
After given delay ready-made coffee outlet valve (Q0.5) will be ON.
Network 7 :-
When pressure is not detected (I0.3), ready-made coffee outlet (Q0.5) will be OFF.
Network 8 :-
When system is OFF or E top (emergency stop) is pressed, all outputs should be reset.
Note :- Above application may be different from actual application. This example is only for explanation purpose only. We can implement this logic in other PLC also. We can use this concept with little modifications in any other similar application like tea, juice, mixer etc.
All parameters considered in this example are for explanation purpose only, parameters may be different in actual applications. Also all interlocks are not considered in the application.