Develop ladder logic program for PLC-based Drink Dispenser System according to the logic given below,
- Press the power button to activate the power supply as shown in the figure.
- Put manually glass (or a cup) on conveyor to hold up drink A/B/C as shown in the below figure.
- Press a one-button from A/B/C whatever you choose on the available types of drinks (It is toggle type switch).
- Press the start button from the local panel.
- The glass (or a cup) moves from limit switch 2 to 4 and stops the conveyor when glass reaches the appropriate limit switch, which we select from the A/B/C toggle switch.
- Glass (or a cup) fill by drink A/B/C for 15 sec.(as per glass size) and conveyor again start-up to glass not reach limit switch -5.
PLC Dispenser System
- I:0.0 – POWER ON PB
- I:0.1 – POWER OFF PB
- I:0.2 – START PB
- I:0.3 – STOP PB
- I:0.4 – LIMIT SWITCH, L1
- I:0.5 – LIMIT SWITCH, L2
- I:0.6 – LIMIT SWITCH, L3
- I:0.7 – LIMIT SWITCH, L4
- I: 0.8 – LIMIT SWITCH, L5
- I:0.9 – SWITCH A
- I:0.10 – SWITCH B
- I:0.11 – SWITCH C
- 0:0.0 – POWER
- 0:0.1 – CONVEYOR
- 0:0.2 – SOV FOR DRINK A
- 03- SOV FOR DRINK B
- 0:0.4 – SOV FOR DRINK C
Dispenser PLC Program
I: 0.0 and I: 0.1 respectively start and stop press button to control the power supply with latch output.
Put the glass on L1 (I:0.4) place, which is converted from NO to NC, Press the Drink selection button from A/B/C, respectively enable I:0.9/I:0.10/I:0.11.
Press the Start PB to enable NC (I:0.2) to start the conveyor (O:0.1) until any solenoid valve (O:0.2/O:0.3/O:0.4) not energized and Stop PB(I:0.3) not enable.
After completion of the filling process, conveyor again starts until not reach up to L5 place (I:0.8).
Conveyor drives the glass up to L2 place as per selected drink type from A. enable the solenoid A (O:0.2) until timer (T:1.DN) bit not enable.
Fill the drink A for 15 sec (assume constant as per glass size) start the Timer enable the SOV A up to 15 sec and respective timer down bit control the SOV ON/OFF (solenoid A (O:0.2)) state.
Conveyor drives the glass up to L3 place as per selected drink type from B. enable the solenoid B (O:0.3) until timer (T:2.DN) bit not enable.
Fill the drink B for 15 sec (assume constant as per glass size) start the Timer enable the SOV B up to 15 sec and respective timer down bit control the SOV ON/OFF (solenoid B (O:0.3)) state.
Conveyor drives the glass up to L4 place as per selected drink type from C. enable the solenoid C (O:0.4) until timer (T:3.DN) bit not enable.
Fill the drink C for 15 sec (assume constant as per glass size) start the Timer enable the SOV C up to 15 sec and respective timer down bit control the SOV ON/OFF (solenoid C (O:0.4)) state.
Author: Dhaval Maradiya
- Sequence Light Control in PLC
- Valve Logic in Siemens PLC
- PLC based Motor Logic Control
- Industrial Automation PLC Example
- Pump Running Hours using PLC
- PLC Example using Limit Switch