Develop ladder logic program for Motor ON OFF according to the logic given below,
- The start button is pressed to start the conveyor motor
- Cases move past the proximity switch and increment the counter’s accumulator value.
- After the count of 3, the conveyor motor stops automatically and the counter’s accumulator value is reset to 0. Restart button is used to start the process from the beginning.
- The conveyor motor can be stopped and started manually at any time without loss of the accumulator count.
- Accumulated count of the counter can be reset manually at any time by means of the count reset button.
PLC Motor Logic
Motor Logic Explanation
Start/Stop PB latched with memory B3:0/0.
B3:0/0 enabled to turn ON conveyor motor (O:0/0 ). B3:0/1 is connected in series with normally closed contact to break the line when counter accumulator value reached 3.
B3:0/0 and proximity sensor (I:0/2) are connected in series to input the counter presented at 3 with one shot coil.
B3:0/0 and comparator block is used to enable B3:0/1 to turn OFF conveyor motor. It is also latched to avoid to restrict the motor to turn ON again. Restart button is pressed to start the process from the beginning.
Two ways are used to reset the counter, using manual reset switch and B3:0/1 when the counter accumulator reached preset value.
When Start PB is pressed
When three cases are passed
When the Restart button is pressed
When Manual Restart is pressed
We can use this example to understand the programming logic in Allen Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for PLC and SCADA video tutorials.