Today we are going to discuss about Relay Noise reduction method. Sometimes we observe more noise is generating by relay output switching.
In such case , a Noise filter must be connected to the load side or other appropriate countermeasures must be provided external to the PLC.
How to Reduce Relay Noise in PLC Systems
Countermeasures are not required if the frequency of load switching for the whole system with the PLC included is less than 5 times per minute means required after more than 5 times per minute.
When switching an inductive load,connect an surge protector, diodes,etc in parallel with the load or contact as shown below:
When switching a load with a high inrush current such as an incandescent lamp, Suppress the inrush current as shown below:
Articles You May Like :
- Motor Inrush Current Measurements
- Animation of Electromagnetic Relay
- Why Starting Current of Induction Motor is High
- Relay Loop Back Circuit
- Relay Principle & its Types
- Logic Gates in PLC Ladder Logic
- Why we use Diode Protection Modules ?
- Crowbar fault protection circuit
- Determine the Status of Lamps and Relays in the Circuit ?
- 6.6kV HV Induction motor Protection