D Flip Flop PLC Ladder Logic
This is PLC Program to implement D flip flop in PLC.
Implement D flip flop in PLC using ladder language programming.
- D flip flop has one input which denoted with D. D latch is simple flip flop with NAND gate circuit between S and R input.
- In SR flip flop when S=R=1 and S=R=0, outputs either do not change or they are invalid (no action).
- As we can see in diagram in D flip flop S and R inputs always be the complements of each other. Hence S=R=1 and S=R=0 conditions will never occur.
- This disadvantage of the SR flip flop can be overcome by using D flip flop.
Truth Table for the D Latch
List of inputs/outputs
- SET/RESET :- I0.0
- Q output :- Q0.0
- Q^ output :- Q0.1
- Relay coil 1 :- M0.0
- Relay coil 2 :- M0.1
PLC Ladder diagram
For this application we use S7-300 PLC and TIA portal software for programming. We can implement this logic by using other PLC also.
Network 1 :-
Here we used NO contact of SET/RSET input (I0.0) and in parallel connection we used NC contact of relay coil 2 (M0.1) to operate relay coil 1 (M0.0).
Network 2 :-
Here we used NC contact of SET/RSET input (I0.0) and in parallel connection we used NC contact of relay coil 1 (M0.0) to operate relay coil 2 (M0.1).
Network 3 :-
When relay coil 1 (M0.0) is ON, Q output (Q0.0) will be ON.
Network 4 :-
When relay coil 2 (M0.1) is ON, Q^ output (Q0.1) will be ON.
As per D flip flop, a condition of Q=1 and Q^=0 is set and a condition of Q=0 and Q^=1 is reset.
Here we can see in diagram as well as in ladder diagram, difference in D flip flop and SR flip flop is that it uses inverted value of S input.
So in D flip flop we are using only one in put for SET/RESET.
Note :- Above application may be different from actual application. This example is only for explanation purpose only. We can implement this logic in other PLC also. This is the simple concept of D flip flop.
All parameters considered in example are for explanation purpose only, parameters may be different in actual applications.
Runtime Test Cases
Author : Bhavesh
Articles You may Like :
- How to implement SR Flip Flop using PLC Ladder Logic
- T Flip Flop PLC Ladder Diagram
- 1 to 8 Demultiplexer PLC ladder diagram
- 3 to 8 Line Decoder PLC Ladder Diagram
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Application for Stamping Operation
- Difference between SR Flipflop and RS Flipflop ?
- J-K Flip-Flop
- Asynchronous Flip-Flop Inputs
- PLC Program for Flow Totalizer
- Edge-triggered Latches: Flip-Flops