1 to 8 Demultiplexer PLC
This is PLC Program to implement 1:8 De-multiplexer.
Implement 1:8 Demultiplexer in PLC using ladder diagram programming language.
- Demultiplexer has one data input Di and three select inputs S0, S1 and S3 and 8 outputs Q0.0 to Q0.7.
- To select “n” outputs, we need m select lines such that 2^m = n. Depending on the output. The selection of one of the n outputs is done by the select pins.
- Realize the de-multiplexer using Logic Gates. Here we will configure de-multiplexer using ladder language.
- When three switches are OFF and Di input is pressed then first output will be ON.As per table we can activate output by switching combination.
1:8 DeMultiplexer Truth Table
List of inputs/outputs
List of inputs
- S0 :- I0.0
- S1 :- I0.1
- S3 :- I1.0
List of outputs
- Output1 :- Q0.0
- Output 2 :- Q0.1
- Output 3 :- Q0.2
- Output 4 :- Q0.3
- Output 5 :- Q0.4
- Output 6 :- Q0.5
- Output 7 :- Q0.6
- Output 8 :- Q0.7
Ladder diagram for 1 : 8 Demultiplexer
For this application we used S7-1200 PLC and TIA portal software for programming.
Network 1 :-
If Data bit (I2.0) is ON and all inputs are OFF (I0.0=0, I0.1=0 and I0.2=0), Output 1 (Q0.0) will be ON.
Network 2 :-
If data bit (I2.0) is ON, input 1 (I0.0) OFF, input 2 (I0.1) OFF and input 3 (I0.2) is ON, Output 2 (Q0.1) will be ON.
Network 3 :-
If data bit (I2.0) is ON, input 1 (I0.0) OFF, input 3 (I0.2) OFF and input 2 (I0.1) is ON, Output 3 (Q0.2) will be ON.
Network 4 :-
If data bit (I2.0) is ON, input 2 (I0.1) ON, input 3 (I0.2) ON and input 1 (I0.0) is OFF, Output 4 (Q0.3) will be ON.
Network 5 :-
If input 2 (I0.1) and input 3 (I0.2) are OFF and input 1 (I0.0) is ON, Output 5 (Q0.4) will be ON.
Network 6 :-
If data bit (I2.0) is ON, input 1 (I0.0), input 3 (I0.2) ON and input 2 (I0.1) is OFF, Output 6 (Q0.5) will be ON.
Network 7 :-
If data bit (I2.0) is ON, input 1 (I0.0), input 2 (I0.1) ON and input 3 (I0.2) is OFF, Output 7 (Q0.6) will be ON.
Network 8 :-
If data bit (I2.0) is ON, input 1 (I0.0), input 2 (I0.1) and input 3 (I0.2) ON, Output 8 (Q0.7) will be ON.
Note :- Above application may be different from actual application. This example is only for explanation purpose only. We can implement this logic in other PLC also. This is the simple concept of 1:8 Demultiplexer, we can use this concept in other examples also.
All parameters considered in example are for explanation purpose only, parameters may be different in actual applications. Also all interlocks are not considered in the application.
Author : Bhavesh
Articles You May Like :
- 3 to 8 Line Decoder PLC Ladder Diagram
- T Flip Flop PLC Ladder Diagram
- D Flip Flop PLC Ladder Logic
- How to implement SR Flip Flop using PLC Ladder Logic
- PLC Motor Operation based on Time Cycle Sequence
- PLC Controlling Sequence of Conveyors with Interlock
- PLC Program for Paint Spraying
- Automatic Empty Bottle detection using PLC Logic
- PLC Ladder Logic for Start-up Control of Boilers
- PLC Program for Fan Control Unit System for Industry