Magnetic Flow Meter Animation
Image Courtesy : Yokogawa
Animation by : Instrumentation Tools
Simply, Magnetic Flow Meters works on Faraday’s Law of ElectroMagnetic Induction.
The Two Blue dots in the animation indicates electrodes. The Copper coils (red blocks – magnets) on top & bottom of the instrument are electro-magnets used to generate magnetic field.
When there is no fluid flow then the induced voltage between electrodes is Zero.
When a fluid flows through the magnetic field, the two electrodes pick up the voltage and it is proportional to fluid flow rate.
Thats it. Very Simple.
Post your opinions on Instrumentation animations. Share with your Friends.
Also Read: Magnetic Flow Meters Full Working Principle
- Working Principle of Flow Switch with Animation
- Inductive Time Constant
- Electromagnetic Flow Meters Working Principle
- Thermal Mass Flow Meter Working Principle
- Flow Measurement Objective Questions
- Electric Bell Working animation
- How to Select a Flow Meter
- Vortex Flow meter Working Animation
- Turbine Flow Meters Working Animation