Rotary Abutment Flow Meter are another form of positive displacement flow meter. As there is no metal contact within the chamber they have a long service life, also maintaining accuracy too.
They have a wide viscosity range making them suitable with many types of fuels & lubrication fluids. The rotors are connected to timing gears, so each time a rotor turns, the displaced volume is transferred to the register and the controller calculates the flow.
Rotary Abutment Flow Meter
Credits : hytekflowmeters.com
There is no metal-to-metal contact between the rotors and housing walls, which prolongs the life of the flow meter.
- Sweeping action of vanes prevents buildup of sediment and keeps compartment clean.
- Wide choice of construction materials.
- High accuracy and repeatability.
- Low pressure drop over entire range of flow measuring capabilities.
- Relatively complex design increases cost.