Rotary abutment meters are another form of positive displacement flow meter. As there is no metal contact within the chamber they have a long service life, also maintaining accuracy too. They have a wide viscosity range making them suitable with many types of fuels & lubrication fluids. The rotors are connected to timing gears, so each time a rotor turns, the displaced volume is transferred to the register and the controller calculates the flow.
Animation Credits : hytekflowmeters.com
There is no metal-to-metal contact between the rotors and housing walls, which prolongs the life of the flowmeter.
- Sweeping action of vanes prevents buildup of sediment and keeps compartment clean.
- Wide choice of construction materials.
- High accuracy and repeatability.
- Low pressure drop over entire range of flow measuring capabilities.
- Relatively complex design increases cost.
- Rotary Compressors
- Oval Gear Flow Meter Working Principle
- Oval Gear Flow Meters Animation
- Importance of Flow Meter Turndown Ratio
- Spring Loaded Variable Area Flowmeter Working Principle
- Metal Foil Strain Gauge Principle
- Classification of Flow Measurement Techniques
- Impact of Flow Meter Accuracy
- Swirl Flow Meters Working Principle
- Overview of Positive Displacement Flowmeters