Get the latest Quality Control (QC) Inspector interview questions and answers for your technical job preparation.
Quality Control Inspector Questions
What is an Inspection?
It is a process of verifying the method and application utilizing by means of following certain documented and authenticated instruction standards are known as inspection
What are the responsibilities of the QC Inspector?
The following are the extraordinary responsibilities that any QC Inspector is supposed to execute at the time of carrying out any inspection.
- Knowledgeable with the technology for which the inspection is carried out.
- Should have the reasoning capability to analyze the method.
- Should have in-depth knowledge about the procedure to be adopted for inspection i.e. adopted standards.
- Should be able to convey the irregularities found to the concerned authorities such as QC Engineer or QC Manager.
- Should be sincere about the job execution.
- Should be vigilant all the time.
What are the various inspection records, a Quality Control Inspector should be familiar with?
The following are the inspection records
- Receipt inspection records.
- Storage records.
- Installation records
- Construction Testing and calibration records.
- Training/Qualification records.
- Non-conformance and deviation records.
What should be the frame of mind of a QC Inspector while carrying out an Inspection activity?
Following are the characteristics of a perfect inspector:
- Should never compromise with the quality at the time of performing the inspection.
- Should be sincere towards performing the responsibilities.
- Should be punctual.
- Should be exemplary in approach while carrying out the inspection.
- Should have the capabilities to convince the authorities about the inconsistency with knowledgeable representation.
What are the requirements for carrying out installation inspection of any instrument?
The following are the requirements at the time of execution of an inspection.
- Instrument datasheet.
- Instrument Test Certificate.
- Vendor instruction manual.
- Test Instrument instruction manual.
What is a Cable tray and how is it identified separately for Electrical and Instrumentation?
Cable tray is made of corrosion-resistant metal such as aluminum alloy, Stainless steel, and low carbon steel, and is used to provide support and protection to the laid cables inside the building or outside pipe rack.
What items to be checked for instrument impulse tubing?
The material used according to specification.
Steam tracing and insulation as per hookup.
Seal fitting installed and filled.
Isolation and equalization valves or manifold installed.
Vent and drain manifold installed.
Tubing slope checked.
Verifying tubing connection to HP, LP side.
The leak test is done.
Pressure test of impulse tubing.
What kind of materials being used for impulse tubing pressure leak testing?
What items are to be checked for instrument device installation?
Instrument calibration before installation and documentation checked.
Instrument mounted as per the hookup drawing.
Check the instrument as per P&ID drawing.
Check for the Instrument securely installed on a stand.
Check the correct elevation relative to process tapping.
Check for stand and support.
What items inspection to be done for instrument Stand and supports?
Fabrication of stand as per the drawing
Deburred, primed and painted.
Stand and support are secure.
Stand ground point.
Access to stand is unobstructed and clear for maintenance.
What are inspection points for field instruments such as pressure transmitters, differential pressure transmitters with impulse tubing?
Materials inspection as per approved specifications, material, type and size, Installation as per Hook-up, check impulse line route to avoid any obstruction, check tube bending, and check tube support, compression fitting, or ferrules, and then pressure test (hydro test) shall be done.
What is the test procedure for the pressure transmitter?
- The transmitter process connection should be connected to a deadweight tester.
- Output connection to be connected to electronic indicator.
- Check for zero and align the transmitter position if not.
- Apply actuating pressure for full range and check for leakages if any. Tighten accordingly.
- Reset to zero
- Apply actuating pressures in 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%, and note down readings.
- Reduce the actuating pressures in 75%, 50%, 25% and note down readings.
- Do the necessary zero, span adjustments as per the instruction manual, and repeat the process till accuracy is obtained.
What are the inspection points for a cable tray installation?
Check the cable material as per approved specifications, size, and type, tray’s hook-up, and a proper tray to tray distance. I.e. power cable, control cable signal cable, low voltage and high voltage, support and fixed strongly free from shaking.
What are inspection points for a cable laying?
Cable inspection as per the approved materials, types and size, meggering data, cable routing drawing, completion of cable routing of the tray, conduit or trench, etc. and cable numbering (Tag), cable bending,
Ensure the use of proper tools and equipment for cable pulling.
What are the inspection points for Junction Box and Marshalling cabinets?
JB to be checked for IP rating, type, size as per the approved specification, installation hook-up for the frame, bracket or stands, fixed properly for shaking free, Name Plate, and tag number.
What is the final RFI? When it shall be raised?
When the QA/QC department of a contractor is satisfied that the comprehensive work in the construction RFI is completed, then request shall be submitted for inspection to the QA/AC department of the client.
What is document marking? Brief it’s color-coding.
In case any change occurs to the standard approved drawing while the project is being constructed or tested the relevant drawing will be redlined.
The following color coding shall be used for this purpose.
Red: if any addition is required in the existing document.
Green: if any deletion required from the existing document
Blue: if any comment is added.
What is the difference between inspection, witness, and hold point?
Inspection: work can be executed without the client’s inspection and it can be inspected the same part of them.
Witness: work can be carried out without client inspection, and then it can be inspected upon the completion of work.
Hold point: work cannot be executed without client inspection.
What are the different kinds of certifications?
- Intrinsically safe proof.
Explain the differences between QA & QC activities?
The QA activity means adopted method for verification of the execution of QC activity in turn it focuses on the importance of implementation of QC role in the industrial and other sectors related to maintenance, production, and construction especially.
The QC activity means the direct involvement in maintaining quality standards as per the adopted standard by the way of carrying out inspection and making the documentation related to that. It also involves the activity involving the project’s quality maintainability and process execution.
What are QCP, QMP, and ITP?
QCP – Quality Control Procedure.
QMP – Quality Management Procedure.
ITP – Inspection and Test Plan.
- Inter Discipline Check (IDC)
- Calibration Interview Questions
- Project Planning & Implementation
- EPC Questions & Answers
- Instrumentation Inspection