Design a PLC program to control the level of a water storage tank by turning a discharge pump ON and OFF based on Low and High levels.
PLC Program for Water Level Control
Logic Description :
- Auto : if Auto Mode selected in Local Control Panel, then pump will be logically controlled based on Low Level Switch and High Level Switch
- Manual : if Manual Mode Selected in Local Control Panel, then irrespective of Low Level Switch & High Level Switch Status, Pump will be controlled manually using ON/OFF button in Local Control Panel.
- When the water level reaches low level then pump will be stopped.
- if the level of the water reaches high point, the pump will started so that the water can be drained and thus lowering the level.
- Indication Panel : This panel contains LED’s to show the status of the water level control. It has Pump Running, Low Level & High Level Signals
- If pump is running then the Pump Running status lamp will be ON.
- then, if Low Level Switch activated then Low Level Status lamp will be ON.
- if High Level Switch activated then High Level Status lamp will be ON.
PLC Ladder Logic :
Manual Mode Selected, OFF Position and Water at Low Level
Manual Mode Selected & Water between Low & High Levels
Auto Mode Selected & High Level Switch Activated
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for PLC and SCADA video tutorials.