Inspection and Test Requirement of Control Valves
- Visual Test as per MSS SP-55
- Dimensional Test:
- Face-to-face dimensions as per ANSI/ISA-75.08.01, ANSI/ISA-75.08.06, and ASME B16.10.
- Flange facings and dimensions as per ASME B 16.5
- Check of Body Marking as per ASME B 16.5, ASME B 16.34, and MSS-SP 25.
- Chemical analysis and mechanical properties as per the applicable ASTM material code
- Nondestructive test as per ASME B 16.34
- Hydrostatic test as per ASME B 16.34 or MSS-SP61
- Seat leakage test as per ANSI/FCI 70-2.
- Actuator Leakage Test at 1.5 times maximum design pressure.
- Functional and Performance test (i.e. hysteresis plus deadband, linearity, repeatability, etc) as per IEC 60534-4 and ISA 75.13.01
- For electrical accessories (such as solenoid valve, I/P positioner, position transmitter etc):
- Functional Test
- Electrical type and routine test as per IEC 61010-1
Applicable Standards and Codes of Control Valves :
Quality Standards for Steel Castings for Valves, Flanges, Fittings and Other Piping Components – Visual Method for Evaluation of Surface Irregularities.
Industrial-Process Control Valves – Part 3-1: Dimensions – Face-to-Face Dimensions for Flanged, Two-Way, Globe-Type, Straight Pattern and Centre-to-Face Dimensions for Flanged, Two-Way, Globe-Type, Angle Pattern Control Valves
ASME B 16.10
Face-to-Face and End-to-End Dimensions of Valves
ASME B 16.5
Pipe flanges and flanged fittings NPS 1/2 through NPS 24 metric/inch standard
ASME B 16.34
Valves – Flanged, threaded and welding ends
Pressure Testing of Valves
Control Valve Seat Leakage
Standard Marking System for Valves, Fittings, Flanges, and Unions
Industrial-Process Control Valves – Part 4: Inspection and Routine Testing
Method of Evaluating the Performance of Positioners With Analog Input Signals and Pneumatic Output
Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control, and laboratory use – Part 1: General requirements.