This tool is primarily used for orifice based flow meters. Also useful for flow transmitters which works on Differential Pressure applications.
Generally we calibrate our transmitter as per the datasheet of orifice. But sometimes the measured DP of transmitter will be out of range or more than maximum scale of DP then we have to re-range the DP flow transmitter. For these applications we use the below mentioned formula to calculate the maximum flow of transmitter.
This calculation tool is used to calculate the revised flow range of a DP Flow transmitter.
The formula for calculating the DP Flow Transmitter Re-Range value.
|DP Flow Transmitter Re-Range Formula|
Existing DP = DP value as per orifice datasheet
Existing Flow = Flow value as per orifice datasheet
Revised DP = Actual DP value in the field
Revised Flow = Calculated transmitter flow max range.
1. The Existing DP & Revised DP must be in same units like bar, mbar, mmh20 etc.
2. The Existing Flow & Revised Flow must be in same units like m3/hr, t/hr etc.
Also See: Instrumentation Calculator
- Transmitter Turndown Ratio, Set Span and Zero Span
- Instrumentation Calculator
- Calculate Current (4-20ma) from Process variable PV
- Formula to Calculate 4-20 mA from Process Variable
- Conversion of Transmitter Output in Percentage to Process Variable
- Input-Output Relationships of Transmitters
- Interface Level Measurement using DP Transmitter
- Formulas to calculate ma from PV, LRV and URV
- Convert Process Variable to Percentage
- Flow Transmitter Rangeability