Application of Vibration Sensor/Transducers:
Measurements on Structures or Machinery Casings:
Accelerometers and Velocity Sensors Used in gas turbines, axial compressors, small and mid-size pumps.
These sensors detect high frequency vibration signals related to bearing supports, casing and foundation resonances, vibration in turbine/compressor vanes, defective roller or ball bearings, noise in gears, etc.
Displacement measurements relative to rotating shafts:
Proximity Probes (capacitance or eddy-current) Used in turbo machinery supported on fluid film bearings, centrifugal compressors, gears and transmissions, electric motors, large pumps (>300HP), some turbines and fans.
These sensors detect shaft static displacements, unbalance response, misalignment, shaft bending, excessive loads in bearings, dynamic instabilities, etc.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Different Vibration Sensors
- Centrifugal Compressors
- Importance of Vibration Measurement
- Interview questions on Vibration Measurement
- DC Motor Applications in Industries
- Vibration Switch Working Principle
- How Vibration sensors Work ?
- Proximity Transducer System Operation
- Why we use Negative Voltage in Vibration Measurement ?
- Non-contact Vibration Measurement
- Types of Sensors used in Vibration Measurement