Develop a PLC-based ladder logic program for automatic packaging system according to the logic given below,
- Start and stop PB is used to start and stop the whole process
- Photosensor is used to detect product.
- Once the count reaching 10, the robot arm takes responsible for packing.
- Packing complete sensor turns on to restart the process
- Stop PB is pressed any time to stop all processes.
PLC Packaging System
PLC Packaging Programming
Start/Stop Pushbutton (PB) latched with memory B3:0/0.
B3:0/0 enabled to turn on Conveyer motor (O: 0/0).
Photo-sensor (I:0/1) is connected to one shot to give one pulse when a product crossing photo-sensor.
The counter is used to count the number of the product. Robotic arm for packing (O:0/1) is connected in the normally closed contact to give interlocking with conveyor motor.
Counter done bit turns robotic arm for packing (O: 0/1) to turn ON and conveyor motor to stop.
Packing complete sensor (I:0/3) or manual counter reset (I:0/4) is used to reset the counter which will turn on conveyor motor to start the process again.
Conveyor Motor (O:0/0) is connected in the normally closed contact to give interlocking with a Robotic arm for packing output.
We can use this example to understand the ladder logic in AB Programmable Logic Controllers.
Author: Hema Sundaresan
- PLC based Tank Level Control
- Drink Dispenser System in PLC
- Batch Process using PLC Logic
- Automated Guided Vehicle with PLC
- Security of SCADA Systems