The article describes a small modification to enhance the cooling efficiency of the instruments panel ,the results will give better performance and longer life of electronic components .
Many a times we have seen the cooling efficiency for an instrument panel is not achieved as desired .A small modification can be helpful for increasing the cooling efficiency of panel.The proposed modification is applicable where only 1 exhaust fan is used in the original panel supplied as indicated in Fig 1..
The modification can be carried out as indicated in fig 2.The additional fan will help in giving the more amount of fresh air from nature and the overall effect will be reduced temperature inside the panel.
The benefits will be
2.Enhanced life for electronics components
3.Higher availability of system
Article Written by:
Sh. Pravin V. Maheshkar
Management & technical consultant/trainer Freelance
Previously Manager –Inst & Business excellence
(Hindustan zinc ltd ,Echjay steels ltd,total:23 yrs)
- Redundant Power Supply for Critical Field Panels
- Instrumentation Cable trays Installation in vertical orientation
- Blast Furnace Panel Modification to Reduce Down Time by 60 to 70%
- Advantages of Hydrogen cooling in Synchronous Generators
- Inhouse Moisture separator for Pneumatic Systems
- Internal Powered Modems
- Difference between Water Cooled Chiller and Air Cooled Chiller
- Practical Process Control System Questions & Answers – 5
- Recommendations to HVAC Engineers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Variable Speed Drives