This article provides step-by-step Procedure for Pressure Transmitter Calibration and Ranging, LRV and URV configuration of transmitter.
Pressure Transmitter Details :
- Rosemount Make, 3051 series
- 3051T- Guage & absolute pressure (models) 0.3 to 10000psi, 10.3 mbar to 689 bar
- 3051C, DP guage & absolute (models) 0.1 to H2o to 4000psi, 0.25 mbar to 276 bar
- Power supply range is 12VDC to 32VDC.
Main Steps to be Followed :
Use Tool box meeting & proper PPE’S .
Required tools and suitable fittings (Such as connector and union) for calibration.
Multimeter, HART communicator, Calibrator ( Pressure range should be greater than the transmitter)
For higher range use hydraulic pressure calibrators and for low ranges use low range calibrator.
- First isolate the main process isolation valve.
- De-pressurize the pressure transmitter by opening the vent valve
- Isolate the manifold valve and open the vent plug.
- Fix proper instrument fitting ( for eg:1/4”npt fitting)
- Connect the calibrator fitting in to the vent plug entry of manifold valve.
- The vent valve should be opened.
- The HART communicator cable should be placed as per transmitter wiring diagram.
- Apply pressure as per the range given in the transmitter or check with the HART communicator.
- Check the transmitter reading by applying pressure for 25%, 50%, 75%, and span range.
- If the transmitter needs to be calibrated use the HART communicator for calibration purpose.
- Zero & span trims can be done by using HART communicator.
- After calibration checking remove the pressure calibrator from the transmitter and flush the line.
- So that hydraulic oil or water will not be inside the transmitter.
- Close the vent plug.
- Isolate the vent valve and open the main isolation valve.
- Open the manifold isolation valve slowly, if u open fast sudden pressure may damage the transmitter diaphragm.
- After completion of the calibration ensure the transmitter is reading showing properly.
- Then enter the reading in calibration report format.
- Check the reading in DCS also.
- Close the work permit from field operator and shift Engineer.