This is PLC Program for Blinking (ON/OFF) lamp on 5 seconds interval.
Making the Indicator or lamp ON after five seconds and OFF after five seconds.
Make a program which switch ON lamp for 5 seconds, then OFF for 5 seconds, then ON for 5 seconds & again OFF for 5 seconds, and so on.
- This problem can be solved by using timers. In this case we will use TON (ON Delay Timer).
- For explanation we consider one SWITCH for enabling the ON/OFF cycle and one lamp for output.
- When user presses the SWITCH then lamp will energize and remains ON for 5 seconds after that it will OFF for 5 seconds. This cycle will repeat itself.
Here is PLC program for Blinking (ON/OFF) lamp on 5s interval.
List of Inputs/Outputs
- SWITCH =I0.0
- Lamp :- Q0.0
- M0.0=bit memory for lamp OFF condition.
Ladder diagram for Blinking (ON/OFF) lamp on 5s interval.
In this problem we will consider S7-1200 PLC and TIA portal software for programming.
Network 1 :- In this network when SWITCH (I0.0) is pressed, when lamp OFF condition is not present then lamp (Q0.0) will be ON. So here we used NO contact of SWITCH (I0.0) and NC contact of lamp OFF condition (M0.0).
Network 2 :- In this network when lamp (Q0.0) is ON then TON (ON delay timer) instruction will be executed and it will set the lamp OFF condition. So we have taken here NO contact of lamp (Q0.0), TON timer and programmed time is 5 seconds.
Network 3 :- As per our condition, lamp OFF condition (M0.0) should be OFF after 5 seconds delay, so we have used TON again. So we used NO contact of lamp OFF condition (M0.0) and TON with 5s programmed time.
Runtime Test Cases
Author : Bhavesh
- PLC Program for Sequential Motor Control
- PLC Program for IEC timers ( TON, TOF, TP &TONR ) used in S7-1200
- PLC Program for Artificial Fishpond Water Level Monitoring System
- PLC Program for Controlling Conveyors ON Sequence and OFF Sequence
- PLC Program for Alternate Output Circuit
- PLC Program for Alarm Indication in Process
- PLC Program for Automatic Lamp Control in Storage Facility
- PLC Program for Burglar Alarm Security System
- PLC Program for Automatic Mixing Controlling in a Tank
- PLC Program for Motor Operation based on Time Cycle Sequence