Determine the statuses of all lamps and relay coils in this circuit, given the following process conditions:
Process Conditions :
- Flow = 7.9 GPM
- Pressure = 36 PSI
- Temperature = 210 Deg F
- Level = 7.1 ft
- Pushbutton A = pressed
- Pushbutton B = unpressed
Fully annotated circuit schematic: “X” representing an open contact or de-energized load, and “→” representing a closed contact or energized load.
Recall that a process switch will be in its resting (“normal”) condition when the stimulus value is less than the trip threshold, and will be in its actuated condition when the stimulus exceeds the threshold.
- CR1 coil = de-energized
- Blue lamp = de-energized
- Red lamp = energized
- Amber lamp = energized
Share Your Answer / Comments
Credits : by Tony R. Kuphaldt – under CC BY 1.0
- Analyze the Relay Circuit and Find the Status ?
- Determine the Status of Lamps and Relays in the Circuit ?
- PLC Example with Switches
- Define Normal Status of a Process Switch ?
- PLC Electric Motor Interlocks
- Normally-open and Normally-closed Switch Contacts
- PLC Pump Permissive Interlocks
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Questions and Answers – 5
- Determine the functions of Pressure Switches ?
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Questions and Answers – 2