What are the main differences between sinking and sourcing circuits ? Lets check the below animations of sinking and sourcing.
Sinking vs Sourcing
In a DC circuit, power flows in one direction: from the positive side of the power source, through the load, to the negative side of the power source.
Basic DC Circuits :
To switch the load, you can place the switch either in front of the load (on the positive leg of the circuit) or behind the load, on the negative leg.
Sinking Switch Circuit
Sinking is switching the load in the negative leg of the circuit, as shown here.
Sourcing Switch Circuit
Sourcing is switching the load in the positive leg of the circuit, as shown here.
- Difference Between the Sinking and Sourcing?
- Sink or Source? PNP or NPN? Normally Open or Normally Closed?
- PLC Sinking and Sourcing Explanation
- PLC Digital Signals Wiring Techniques
- PLC Digital Input and Digital Output Modules
- Buffer Gate
- Proximity switches Circuit Diagram Operation
- How to Measure Duty Cycle using Multimeter
- Voltage Polarity and Current Direction
- How to Reduce Relay Noise in PLC Systems