ELECTRIC MOTOR VALVE ACTUATOR FUNCTION TEST
Test Equipment Required :-
- 415 Volt Supply
- Clamp-on Meter
- Megger Tester
Typical Test Set-up
Functional Test Procedure
a. Check motor spec as per datasheets.
b. Check motor winding insulation resistance and record it.
c. Hook-up instrument as per typical set-up.
d. Confirm valve fail position (AFC/AFO). Switch on power supply and check voltage and phase sequence.
e. Set the L-O-R selector (Mode Selection) to ‘LOCAL’ position.
f. Press the ‘OPEN’ button and confirm the valves opens. Verify valve position indication.
g. Check the limit switch for ‘OPEN’ position. Limit switches contact to be adjusted to actuated at around 95% of valve stroke.
h. Press the ‘CLOSE’ button and confirm the valve doses. Verify valve position indication.
i. Check the limit switch for ‘CLOSE’ position. Limit switches contact to be adjusted to activate at around 95% of valve stroke.
j. Set the L-O-R selector (Mode Selection) to ‘REMOTE position.
k. Jumper ‘OPEN’ terminals and confirm the valve opens. (Optional)
I. Jumper CLOSE’ terminals and confirm the valve closes. (Optional)
m. Record stroking time from Open to Closed and Closed to Open.
n. Record test results.
- Differential Pressure Switch Calibration Procedure
- Basics of Limit switches
- PLC Program for Continuous Filling Operation
- Solenoid Valve Functional Testing
- Draw Limit Switch Symbol ?
- Valve Position Indication
- Pig Signalling Switches Functional Testing
- Functional Testing of Control Valve Positioners
- PLC based Auto/Manual Operation of Roll down Shutters in Industry
- PLC Conveyor Motor Ladder Logic