An electronic loop controller outputs a signal of 8.55 mA to a direct-responding control valve (where 4 mA is shut and 20 mA is wide open). How far open should the control valve be at this MV signal level?
We are solving this problem using standard 4-20mA conversion Formula. Click here for formula
To solve for percentage of stem travel (x) at 8.55 milliamps of signal current (y), we may use the linear equation developed previously to predict current in milliamps (y) from signal value in percent (x):
Therefore, we should expect the valve to be 28.4% open at an applied MV signal of 8.55 milliamps.
We can also solve the problem using direct formula. Click here for formula
Also Read: Instrumentation Formulas
- Calculate Flow Transmitter Output Current
- Calculate Process Variable from Transmitter Current
- Calculate Temperature Transmitter Output
- Example of 3-15 psi to 4-20mA Conversion
- Standard 4 to 20 mA Conversion Formula
- How to do 4-20mA Conversions Easily
- Formula to Calculate 3-15psi from 4-20mA Current
- 4-20mA Transmitters Calculations
- Basics of 4 to 20 mA analog Signals
- Formula to Calculate 4-20ma from percentage