You can find the top 10 objective questions and answers on Industrial Instrumentation Quiz. A test also available at the end of the article to practice the questions and evaluate yourself.
In case you have attended any competitive exams or interviews recently or have additional questions beyond what we covered, we encourage you to post them in our Instrumentation Forum to discuss about it further.
Industrial Instrumentation Quiz Questions
1. The output voltage of thermocouple is very small, typically less than
A) 10 mV
B) 100 mV
C) 25 mV
D) 50 mV
2. Industrial thermocouple using thick wire have time constant
A) 0 to 5 seconds
B) 50 seconds
C) 10 to 20 seconds
D) 100 seconds
3. A thermocouple made from very small guage wire have a time constant
A) 10 to 20 ms
B) 100 ms
C) 30 to 50 ms
D) 1 ms
4. RTD has response time of _______ or more
A) 2 to 8 seconds
B) 10 to 20 seconds
C) 0.5 to 5 seconds
D) 1 to 10 seconds
5. The principle behind RTD is, metal resistance increases with ________ in temperature.
6. Radio transmitter is an electronic device which, with the aid of an antenna, produces _____ waves.
A) All the Answers
7. In industrial process control a __________ is a telemetry device which converts measurements from a sensor into a signal, and sends it to control device located a distance away.
B) Control System
8. __________ can convert analog signals to digital signals (A/D), making communication swift and easy and can even send both analog and digital signals at the same time as denoted by D/A.
C) Control System
9. If a temperature transmitter is a smart transmitter, it will accept ________ signals from thermocouples and resistance signals from resistance temperature devices (RTDs), and thermistors.
A) mA or mV
10. A transmitter’s gain, that is the ratio of the output of the transmitter to the input signal, is constant regardless of its ________.
Click on below button to launch the Quiz.
This quiz section consists of total 10 questions. Each question carries 1 points. No negative points for wrong answers. You need to score at-least 50% to pass the quiz i.e. 5 Points. You can get Quiz Answers after submitting all questions.
Share your feedback on the quiz
Also Practice Tests on : Instrumentation