In this article, you will find the circuit control devices objective questions and answers for instrumentation, electrical, and electronics engineers.
Circuit Control Devices Multiple Choice Questions
The below list provides all the multiple-choice questions (MCQ) related to the circuit control devices.
Answers are available at the bottom of the article.
1. What is the maximum number of different single-pole, double-throw switch positions possible?
2. When you perform preventive maintenance on a switch, which of the following items should be checked?
|A)||The terminals for corrosion|
|B)||The switch operation for smooth and correct operation|
|C)||All of these answers|
|D)||The physical condition of the switch|
3. Control of a circuit requiring a temporary actuation signal is provided by which of the following switches?
4. To guard against the accidental actuation of a circuit, which of the following types of switches are used?
5. What should be used to clean the contacts of a relay?
|A)||A jeweler’s file|
|C)||A burnishing tool|
6. Checking a switch with the circuit power NOT applied is accomplished by using which of the following meters?
7. What should be used to adjust contact clearances on a relay?
|A)||A pair of hemostats|
|B)||A pair of pliers|
|C)||A point bender|
|D)||A burnishing tool|
8. Control or selection of one or more circuits is a function of which of the following switches?
|A)||A multi-contact switch|
|B)||A manual switch|
|C)||A single contact switch|
|D)||An automatic switch|
9. A switch actuator is described by which of the following terms?
10. Which of the following is an automatic switch?
|A)||A dial or push button on a telephone|
|B)||An ignition switch on a motor vehicle|
|C)||A switch that turns on a light in a refrigerator|
|D)||A channel selector on a television|
11. Checking a switch with the power applied is accomplished by using which of the following meters?
12. Designation of switch voltage rating is based on which of the following voltage values?
13. If a relay is hermetically sealed with an opaque cover, which of the following methods should be used to determine whether the relay is operating?
|A)||Shake the relay and listen for loose parts|
|B)||Place your finger on the cover and feel the relay contact movement|
|C)||Remove the cover and visually observe the relay contacts when the relay is activated|
|D)||Activate the relay and observe whether a metal object is attracted by the magnetic field|
14. What is the common name for an accurate snap-acting switch?
15. Designation of switch current rating is based on which of the following current values?
16. What is the maximum number of different single-pole, single-throw switch positions possible?
17. Circuit control devices should NOT be used for which of the following reasons?
|A)||To apply power to a device when work is completed on it|
|B)||To select the function or circuit desired within a device|
|C)||To remove power from a malfunctioning device|
|D)||To adjust the power level of a device|
18. To guard against the accidental turning off of a circuit, which of the following types of switches are used?
19. If a solenoid is not operating properly, which of the following items need NOT be checked?
20. A solenoid is commonly used in which of the following devices?
|A)||A fuel quantity indicating system|
|B)||A starter for a motor vehicle|
|C)||A sound-powered telephone system|
|D)||A shipboard lighting system|
21. A solenoid is based upon which of the following principles?
|A)||A soft iron core moving in a magnetic field creates a current|
|B)||A thermocouple produces a current when heated|
|C)||A coil attracts a soft iron core when current flows in the coil|
|D)||A bimetallic strip bends when it is heated|
22. Which of the following are types of circuit control devices?
|C)||All of these answers|
23. If a relay is NOT operating properly, which of the following items need NOT be checked?
|A)||The armature resistance|
|B)||The contact spacing|
|C)||The terminal leads|
|D)||The contact surfaces|
24. Which of the following is a manual switch?
|C)||A light switch|
|D)||A limit switch|
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, PLC, and SCADA video tutorials.
- Circuit Measurement Questions
- Network Theorems Questions
- Electricity Objective Questions
- Engineering Materials Questions
- Alternating Current Questions